Friday, March 12, 2010

Something new.

I started knitting last year in October, a friend of mine introduced me to a local knitting circle that she went to every week. Although I could knit (just about) in a straight line it was at the circle where I learnt to do a little bit more.

The first thing that I learnt how to do was how to make baby hats, I started making preemie baby hats to donate to the local NICU. So tiny, so cute!



At the beginning of this year a couple of my friends had babies so with my new found knitting skills I decided that I wanted to make them something, so I started my first big (for me) project of knitting a basket weave blanket. Although easy to do they took quite a while.



After making all these things for other people I decided that I should start on something for myself, so I have recently started making a short sleeved cardigan .....with cables! This is my first time to do cables and although they aren`t particularly difficult to do I have to really concentrate when doing them so the project is going a little slowler than I would like but....watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment