Monday, May 10, 2010

Japan

I visited Japan last week after 8 months of living here in New York. My friend was getting married last week so I decided to make the trip and go to the wedding.

It was a wonderful wedding and such a great chance to meet up with friends, its strange how Japan seems like home for me even though Im English. I suppose after 7 and a half years of living there thats what happens.



This is a photo from the wedding, the bride wore traditional white and then later changed into Kimono.

Whilst I was in Japan I visited one of my favourite places in Tokyo, Nippori, it`s also known as fabric town. I love to make things (although I am very much a beginner) Nippori is extremely popular place and if you go on a weekend you must be prepared to wait! If you ever decide to go, there is a shop called Tomato which is just great!

Luckily my friend Jo from www.jojoebi.blogspot.com and I went on a weekday and enjoyed the morning browsing and of course buying! I was flying back to New York that evening and I knew how full my suitcase already was so I really had to stop myself from buying that much. However I did get a few bargains....I just have to decide what to make with them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment